WordPress Page Layout Design & Developer
Part-Time / Freelance (Independent Contractor)
Are you looking to take on some part-time / freelance (independent contractor) web page layout design and development work? We have steady ongoing work and would love to talk with you!
Our team likes to have fun, but we also know how to get serious and get the job done in a timely fashion. We laugh a lot and fight for our ideas during our brainstorm sessions – and it’s this open, collaborative approach that helps us develop forward-looking marketing solutions for our clients. Together we have a passion for telling our client’s stories, helping them strategically market to their target audience from all angles.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong understanding of the WordPress environment, installs, clones, backups, plugins, themes (required)
- Have a creative eye for design
- You have a basic understanding on graphics (DPI, RGB, HEX, RASTERRIZED, PNG, WEB READY and JPGS)
- Develop new WordPress sites, pages, and plugins per provided specifications and feature requests
- Implement technical SEO optimizations (such as AMP and Schema markup) both via plugins and via manual code edits
- At least 2 Years of experience with web development & design in WordPress
- Ability to project manage page design and be self-directed
- Adobe Creative Suite skills a must
- Effectively assess the scope of the design / development project and set clear expectations to ensure on-time and in-budget delivery
- You will also be able to troubleshoot and resolve template functionality issues
- Working knowledge of WordPress database structure, MySQL, and tools like phpMyAdmin is a plus
Skills Requirements for all positions:
- Prior experience with remote work and working for a small agency
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Intermediate level working knowledge of Excel (can write formulas, create graphs, apply filters, etc.)
- Ability to use data to figure out provable reasons for changes in performance
- Knowledge of the WordPress CMS (basic working knowledge required, advanced knowledge of theme structure and code a plus)
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics (certification a plus)
- Tech-savvy and able to learn new software and technologies quickly. Adept at using Google Apps (Drive, Docs, etc.).
- Strong English-language communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Must be comfortable with and capable of detailed and accurate time tracking
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.